Thursday, August 25, 2016

References for "Kripke's Frege"

References for the thread "Kripke's Frege"


This list of references will grow as my use of references does. I hope, though, it stays on top of the entire thread under this title. I'll try to keep it in alphabetical order - I do not promise that it will have a uniform layout - I'll rather copy the references from wherever I take them the same way they appear there.

* * * * *


  • Dummett, M. (1973) Frege: Philosophy of Language. London: Duckworth.
  • Frege, Gottlob (1952) Translations from the Philosophical Writings of Gottlob Frege; Max Black y Peter Geach tr.; New York: Philosophical Library
  • Frege, Gottlob (1997) The Frege Reader; Ed. Michael Beany. Malden, Oxford, Victoria: Blackwell
  • Krikpe, S. A. (2008) "Frege's Theory of Sense and Reference: Some exegetical notes". Theoria Volume 74, Issue 3 September 2008 Pages 181–218. Republished in 
  • Kripke, S. A. (2011) Philosophical Troubles. Oxford: University Press, p. 254-291



Personal notes for later:
I'll put here some notes as reminders for my later use: 

Tarski-type truth definition relies on context independent compositionality (See Hintikka, etc.)

Does Kripke's account of compositionality (Frege's principle) amount to en Inside-Out Principle? Did Frege stick to it? (requires semantic context independence).

No comments:

Post a Comment